L1 visa is a business visa which permits foreign nationals to enter the United States of America.
L1 visa constitutes of 2 segments-
- L-1A Intracompany Transferee Executive or Manager
- L-1B Intracompany Transferee Specialized Knowledge
L-1A Visa is further restricted into two segments:
- Enables a U.S. employer to relocate an executive or manager level ideal from one of its corelated foreign workplaces to one of its workplaces in the United States.
- Allows a foreign organization to set up another office in the United States by sending an executive or manager level ideal from that foreign organization.
L1 Visa Requirements:
- Employees – The eligible employee must be working in the foreign organization for a period of one successful year within three years before entering the United States. And shall offer his services in the United States in the limit of an executive or manager level position.
- Employer – Employer must be working with his foreign organization which could be a parent organization, branch, or partner. And will proceed to do so until his employee is working in the United States on L1 visa.
L-1B is applicable for an individual with a functional knowledge of the company’s product, service, administration. Also, its procedure, and his application in foreign markets, or a push degree of expertise in the company’s procedures and strategies.
The investors who are in the United States to set up another branch are allowed for one year primarily, which might be extended depending on the performance.
All other visa holders are provided with the visa for a period of 3 years at first which is then outpace up to 7 years under L-1A visa and up to 5 years under L-1B visa.
The applicant’s spouse and children under the age of 21 shall be eligible for L-2 visa category. They are allowed to stay until the applicant’s visa is lawful. The spouse of the L-1 visa holder is allowed to work upon the receipt of the employment approval card. She/he can work in any part of America; without any limitations. You can read more about L1 Visa here.
Establish Your Business Abroad
We equip unique & custom-made services to our customers. From fundamental to system affairs, you can trust our skilled group of professionals to achieve all your corporate needs.
We have a team of experts to understand your requirements and outline a plan for your company’s overseas development goals. We provide turn-key solutions to our clients searching development in the U.S.